Effective Friday, May 1, 2020, the City will discontinue daily evening solid waste collection (4 p.m. – 6 p.m.) at eligible locations serviced by the City in the French Quarter and Downtown Development District (DDD). The daily morning solid waste collection service will continue from 4 a.m. – 8 a.m. Recycling collection will continue at eligible locations on Tuesdays from 4 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Residents of eligible properties are reminded to place carts and black bags curbside for collection prior to 4 a.m. on the collection day, but not prior to 4 p.m. the day prior to the collection day. Residents should remove carts from the public right of way by 9 a.m. on the collection day. Residents of the French Quarter and DDD are reminded of the following Code requirements:
- Wednesday is bulky waste collection day (eligible residential properties only): up to 6 secured bags of green waste or up to 6 bundles of tree limbs cut in 4’ lengths, metals (limit: 25 lbs. and 4’ in length), furniture, mattresses, appliances (w/ compressors removed), carpet (less than 4’ in length rolled and tied) and up to 4 tires.
- Residents can call 311 to schedule a bulky waste collection of up to 15 secured bags of green waste or up to 15 bundles of tree limbs cut in 4’ lengths, as well as other items within the type/volume limits. Weight limit is 50 lbs.
- Solid waste containers/bags must be placed in front of the property generating the waste and not block pedestrian or vehicular rights of way.
- Property owners/tenants are responsible for removing solid waste on their premises including the area extending 1.5’ from the curb into the street.
- No one is to sweep, blow or pour items into storm drains.
- Permanent dumpsters must be screened from public view.
- Signs are not to be placed on the public rights of way such as on neutral grounds, utility posts or between the sidewalk and the curb.
Please call 311 to report any sanitation-related problems or visit nola.gov/sanitation for more information.