See the events, road closures, and security measures planned for the French Quarter for New Year’s Eve 2019:
Tuesday, December 31st
- The Allstate Sugar Bowl New Year’s Eve Parade is scheduled to roll at 2:45pm. It will start at Elysian Fields,
roll down Decatur Street, and end at Canal Street. Click here for the
parade route map. NOPD will close Decatur Street to vehicular
traffic from Canal to St. Ann Streets deepening on pedestrian traffic.
- NOPD will do an exterior vehicle
closure of the French Quarter from 4pm (12/31) to 4am (1/1). Employees, hotel
guests, and residents will be allowed in; no entry passes are required.
- Dick Clark’s Primetime New Year’s
Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest will conduct its Central Time Zone countdown. It
will broadcast from a Washington Artillery Park (768 Decatur Street) stage;
stage load up and breakdown will be down from a parking lot behind the park
which should prevent Decatur Street congestion.
- The Allstate Fan Fest stage
will feature: DJ Rob Nice at 7pm, Sherryl Crow at 8:30pm, and Usher at 10:30pm. Fan
Fest is free to the public and located at Jackson Square in the Jax Brewery
parking lot off Decatur Street.
- Bourbon Street will become a pedestrian
mall from 5pm-4pm from 12/31 – 1/1. Bourbon Street will be blocked off
from Canal Street to Dumaine Street (100 to 800 blocks). Additionally all cross
streets leading to Bourbon Street will be blocked (i.e. the Royal and Dauphine
Street intersections from Canal to Dumaine Streets).
- The Crescent City Countdown Club fleur de lis drop above JAX and fireworks will happen at 12pm.
(FQBA is a proud fireworks sponsor!)
- Expect extra NOPD presence on the
Moonwalk until midnight.
- Expect heavy mixed force (NOPD, LSP,
K9, mounted, special operations personnel, etc.) coverage throughout the French
Quarter the entire evening.
- Light towers, temporary security
cameras, law enforcement sky towers, etc. will be placed along the streets of
Canal, Decatur, Bourbon, and Poydras, as well as scattered throughout the French
Stay current with any
changes by following https://twitter.com/nolaready