Tourism & Hospitality Job Fest: Thursday, February 27, 2020February 13, 2020
French Quarter Filming: Tuesday, March 10 – Wednesday, March 11, 2020March 2, 2020
see road closures for the French Quarter beginning Wednesday, February 19:
- Bourbon Street will become a pedestrian mall from 5pm-5am from Wednesday (2/19) – Tuesday (2/25). Bourbon Street will be blocked off from Canal Street to Dumaine Street (100 to 800 blocks). Additionally, all cross streets leading to Bourbon Street will be blocked (i.e. the Royal and Dauphine Street intersections from Canal to Dumaine Streets). NO VEHICLES MAY PASS THROUGH.
- NOPD will do a 24-hour exterior vehicle (soft) closure of the French Quarter from Friday (2/21) – Tuesday (2/25). Employees, hotel/dinning guests, and residents will be allowed in. (For example, an Uber/Lyft/taxi may enter the French Quarter simply by telling the officer they have dinner reservations.)
- Depending on pedestrian traffic, NOPD may hard close Bourbon Street to vehicular traffic earlier in the day (1-2pm) on Wednesday (2/19) – Tuesday (2/25). Please inform and coordinate with delivery services.
- Expect heavy mixed force (NOPD, LSP, K9, mounted, special operations personnel, etc.) coverage throughout the French Quarter.
- Light towers, temporary security cameras, law enforcement sky towers, etc. will be placed along the streets of Canal, Decatur, Bourbon, and Poydras, as well as scattered throughout the French Quarter.
always, you can stay current with real-time traffic updates at www.nola.gov/ready, where you can also
sign up for text alerts.
The New Orleans Police Department 8th District
is distributing vehicle entry passes for the French Quarter. Please, bring a
letter on business letterhead stating how many passes your company will need to
334 Royal Street. For further information on entry passes, please call