French Quarter Filming: Wednesday, August 11, 2021August 5, 2021
French Quarter Festivals, Inc. Announces Cancellation of 2021 French Quarter FestivalAugust 13, 2021
This afternoon the City of New Orleans announced the following mandates effective Monday, August 16, 2021. Below is an overview:
Indoor mask mandate in effect
- Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask indoors when with people who are not in their immediate household.
- Masks also required at outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people if total attendance is more than 50% of the outdoor venue’s capacity.
Anyone 12 years of age and older must provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine or negative PCR test within 72 hours to access:
- Breweries, microbreweries, distilleries & micro-distilleries
- Indoor group fitness centers or individual fitness classes
Indoor entertainment & performance spaces
- Indoor sports complexes, stadiums & arenas
- Concert & music halls
- Event spaces such as hotel ballrooms, event venues & reception halls
- Pool halls, bowling alleys, indoor play centers, arcades, skating rinks, indoor playgrounds & arcades
- Adult live performance venues
- Casinos, racetracks & video poker establishments
- Indoor amusement facilities
Large outdoor events
- Outdoor events of more than 500 people if total attendance is more than 50% of the outdoor venue’s capacity.
- Masks are required at all indoor gatherings.
- Proof of vaccination or negative PCR tests will be required at all indoor gatherings at establishments included in these requirements.
- Masks strongly recommended for outdoor events of 500+ people if total event attendance is less than 50% of the outdoor venue’s capacity.
- Masks required for outdoor events of 500+ people if total attendance is more than 50% of the outdoor venue’s capacity.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID PCR test result from last 72 hours required for outdoor events of 500+ people if total attendance is more than 50% of the outdoor venue’s capacity.
How to prove your vaccination status
LA Wallet App
Original, digital photograph, or photocopy of CDC Vaccination Card (both sides)
An official vaccine record issued by another state, foreign nation, or the World Health Organization
Keep your vaccine card safe
- Keep a photo of BOTH SIDES of your card on your smart phone and/or stored on another digital device.
- Store your original card in a safe place. We suggest using a photo or a photocopy of the card to prove your status rather than carrying your original card.
- If you have multiple people in your household, store all cards together.
- Don’t forget to bring the cards with you if we have to evacuate due to a storm.
How to replace your vaccine card
- Contact the location where you were vaccinated and request a replacement card.
- If you are not able to contact your original provider, contact your state’s health department.
- In Louisiana, here’s how to request a replacement copy from the state.
How to use the LA Wallet App
- Download and install the app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Create and activate your LA Wallet account using your email address.
- Tap “Add License.”
- Fill in your license information or tap the camera icon to scan the barcode on the back of your license. Enter the audit number listed on the front of the license if prompted.
- Open the COVID-19 or SMART Health Card tab.
- Tap the “Retrieve SMART Health Card” button.
- Your SMART Health Card should show your vaccination status.
Click here for more information and the most recent updates from the City.