NEW ORLEANS, LA) – The RTA Board of Commissioners has approved a bus and streetcar service plan to go into effect this quarter.
The approved plan reflects the feedback heard from RTA’s riders via phone, email and in-person during the 9 community meetings conducted in July and the Public Hearing on July 19th.
This collaboration with our riding public has allowed RTA to:
- Operate the new Rampart/St. Claude Avenue Streetcar from Elysian Fields to UPT via Rampart St. and Loyola Ave.
- Extend service to Canal Street on the 28-MLK and 15-Freret buses
- Increase service on the Canal and Riverfront Streetcars
- Continue lines 57-Franklin and 88-St. Claude to Canal St. Line 57-Franklin operating via Claiborne Ave. which will increase service along N. Claiborne Ave between Elysian Fields and St. Bernard Ave.
- Decrease travel times for riders from farther-out neighborhoods by operating Lines 88-St.Claude and 91-Jackson/Esplanade along Rampart to Canal with fewer stops
- Improve reliability of lines 5-Marigny/Bywater and 55-Elysian Fields with new schedules
- Provide earlier daily trips and later weekend trips on line 80-Desire/Louisa
The RTA is listening to the needs of our riders and continuing to improve our transit services. To learn more about these changes or to obtain the approved timetables and route maps, visit our website at www.norta.com or call our Customer Care Rideline at 504-248-3900.