French Quarter Infrastructure Improvement Project Update: October 12, 2018October 13, 2018
French Quarter filming: Monday, Oct. 22 – Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018October 18, 2018
Please see below for the new City Code Requirements effective immediately:
- Residential properties: Solid waste must be contained in carts with tight fitting lids or placed in .8 mil or greater, black plastic bags (prohibited- white trash bags, grocery bags or boxes)
- Commercial properties: Solid waste must be contained in carts with tight fitting lids or placed in 3.0 mil or greater, black plastic bags (prohibited- white trash bags, grocery bags or boxes)
- A police report is not required to obtain the 1st , free, 35 gallon replacement garbage cart
- Morning collection times: 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. carts must be curbside by 4:00 a.m. and removed from the curb by 9:00 a.m.
- Evening collection times: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Carts cannot be placed curbside earlier than 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday bulky waste (eligible residential units only) up to 6 bags of green waste or 6 bundles of tree limbs cut in 4’ lengths (Residents can call 311 to schedule a bulky waste collection of up to 15 bags of green waste or bundles of tree limbs cut in 4’ lengths.) Weight limit is 50#s.
- Solid waste containers or bags must be placed in front of the property generating the waste at the specified times for collection, and must not block pedestrian or vehicular rights of ways.
For more information visit https://www.nola.gov/sanitation/french-quarter-sanitation-services/ or email email@example.com.